Frequently this message, or some variant of it, is the first thing I see when I zone in an instance as a tank. Heck, it’s often the first thing I see in any role, but more directed at me on one of my tanks.
And you know what? I’m getting sick of hearing it. I don’t zone in thinking “OMG I want to take 2 hours to do this measly instance”. My goal is always to do an instance as quickly as possible, group permitting. There are any number of reasons I will hesitate to pull, or pull slower than I’d like.
1. Ability on Cooldown
2. Healer has no mana
3. Group isn’t working well together
4. Two dps are under 1k dps
And on and on and on. I know my job. I know how to do my job. Let me do my job, or I promise, I’ll make yours harder. Like the rogue who kept tricksing mobs to me. Pally bubble solved that one :P Also dispelling the tricks before he even went in. I have and will do that. Or just standing there, until the “uber rogue/hunter/whatever” passes me on threat.
I truly hate the rogue class. I hate playing my own. And with about 3 exceptions, I don’t know any skilled ones. Rogues, generally speaking, seem to have ego problems and an inability to work together with a group. I know that’s an unfair statement, and one a lot of people make about dks and I’d never kick someone from a group simply because they’re a rogue, but still…
Now, let me explain why yelling at the tank to gogogo is a bad thing.
1. Tanks hear it constantly. We’re tired of hearing it, seeing it, whatever. You saying that isn’t going to make me go faster. In fact, if I’m on my pally tank, it’s the short way to not get buffs, as I will refuse to do buffs, so I won’t waste my mana and can gogogo, or I may just decide to slow it down massively.
2. I will purposely make you wait. I will. And if you pull for me, you and/or the group will pay for it. I ALWAYS take the first few pulls easy, to check out my healer and see what the dps is like. Then I can set the pace.
3. You pulling for me is really bad. Even if you can tricks or MD me, you’re throwing me off. Hence I may miss a pickup. If you don’t have a misdirect of some sort, it’s very very bad. My AOE might very well be on cooldown, then where do they all go? The healer! That’s not going to do you any favors all the way around.
4. Piss off tanks enough, and we’ll start queuing as dps. Been there, done that. I have the time for the 10 minute wait most of the time. Or conversely, I’ll run only with guildies.
5. You persist in being a jerk and I’ll sit down and refuse to tank. And you make it awful enough for me with your filthy mouth? I have plenty of alts to play until the debuff goes away and I have no qualms with popping up a second account and having a chat with one of your guild’s officers. I’ve had that pleasure several times already.
In short, I’m here to take abuse from mobs and bosses… not other players.