I just finished Loremaster on a second toon so I thought maybe I had enough expertise in the matter to give some tips for doing it 😛
1. Get Everyquest. Now. This addon was great for finding those questgivers in the middle of nowhere that have one quest and no breadcrumbs to take you to them. It scans your history and gives a list of quests per zone – color coded [Turned In/Completed/In Progress/Abandoned/Unknown – aka not picked up yet]
2. Wowhead is your friend. There is a reply on most quests on whether it counts for Loremaster of EK/Kalimdor/whatever. This was especially helpful to see if quests further in a chain might count for the one I was grinding or if it was all something else.
3. Do the most difficult one first. Typically this is Kalimdor because the margin for error is a lot tighter there. However, I know some people abhor outland or have already done Northrend quests on alts enough that it frustrates them.
4. Set a goal for yourself. Make it reasonable and doable as well. I aimed for 50 quests a day when I did Loremaster on my death knight. Another guildie aimed at 25, and a third aimed for 10 a day at a certain point. Exceeding the goal is fine too. I typically tried to do at least 5-10 more quests than my goal.
5. Plan on days where you don’t grind Loremaster! Unless you’re one of those people who can and must grind till completion [and doesn’t burn out], plan some days where you don’t work on this goal but instead just have fun with guildies/friends/etc. Don’t forget Real Life either! 😀
6. If you get frustrated with a quest that is particularly annoying, go to something else or get off the computer for a while. In my experience, that frustration is a sign that your brain needs a break.
Hubby’s biggest tip – “Put your brain in neutral, turn on tv/movie/music, grind, and watch tv”. He says it works for sessions of rep grinding [UGH bane of my existence]
Part of the reason I waited so long to grind Loremaster on my death knight [my main] is the sheer amount of questing required for that… My death knight had done exactly NONE of the vanilla WoW quests. I got the starting area done and hit outlands. It actually went a lot faster in some respects because instead of ferreting out any quests I’d missed – I simply did EVERYTHING.
Now is the perfect time for focusing on achievements like this and the Insane [if you’re insane]. Trust me, do these now if you want them done because when the xpac hits, you’ll have other goals to worry with – namely leveling 5 levels and playing with worgen and goblin newbie toons.
Do you have any tips on becoming a Loremaster? Please feel free to comment!