I had a really productive week with mounts. I had decided after finally attaining Ji-Kun, that I would work on the Hatchling mounts next [the questline you get from the little orphaned pets in the Warden quest Swarm areas. After a few days of completing the quests on Askevar, I discovered that I could do more quests if I accepted them on level 110 alts! So I pushed that for a few days and lo and behold, I now have four additional mounts
Archive for the ‘Askevar’ Category
So I got two mounts today… And these days getting one mount is a big deal.
Well, I was up very late grinding out the last few coins for the fishing mount from Nat Pagle. I finally got it. But I was mumbling how evil the water was when it took nearly 15 minutes to get the very last coin I needed. You can read my insanity on twitter covering it lol.
I started 23 coins short so that’s not too bad. I know it’s a recolor but it gets me one closer to my goal of 300… Hubby said it looks like an evil version of the water strider and I suppose it does…
After I woke up, I decided to do a few Vortex Pinnacle runs since it’s one of the mounts I’m still missing. I read a little bit on Wowhead and they advised using a hunter/rogue/feral druid just for ease of stealthing through mobs/speed. Monk probably would have worked too as you can just run by most of the mobs, but I went with the hunter and camo’d to the first boss, killed it and just ran to the second. Four or five attempts later, the boss had a purple on it.
Yes, it says 11 attempts there [that’s the Rarity addon – it shows attempts/faux achievements. But that’s a toon I don’t really play much and they had 6-7 attempts when I started. Askevar’s been through that place quite a bit more. So while it seems lucky, I probably have well over 100 attempts on that boss accountwide… and the Rarity addon is a relatively new thing… no idea if it’s counting runs from before either.
But that leaves me 3 mounts shy of the 300 goal. I still need the 5k saberstalker mount… which is a grind I don’t look forward to, the Champion’s Treadblade, and the Mystic Runesaber among others. And there’s my weekly Elegon/Horridon runs that haven’t yielded anything yet.
Askevar’s perfect mount!
Yes, I got Invincible! ❤
Sorry Jeweled Onyx Panther, you’re not my main’s mount of choice anymore!
It’s been a while since I’ve posted and I hate that but Real Life reared it’s head this past month in a very real and scary way. First of all, a month ago, my father in law had a stroke. He survived and just came back home this past week and is improving every single day. He still has some loss of movement in his right hand/arm/leg but it’s coming back little by little. He lives an hour away from us and the hospital he was in was about an hour and 40 minutes away so a lot of traveling ensued. We even had to cancel a raid which hasn’t happened in years but I have the best raiders who are incredibly understanding – I mean Real Life comes first!
And then last week there was a shooting outside our house – something unheard of for our neighborhood, and thankfully no one was hurt… it’s just really disturbing to have that happen twenty feet from where you’re sitting in the living room.
One of the brightest spots this past week was receiving a pet from my friend Navi who literally made my day. It was an expected and welcome Dragon Kite – level 25. I named it Rawr. It seemed appropriate and it CHANGES COLORS. SQUEE!!! And as you can see from the picture below is that I also got my Hearthsteed which I think is just GORGEOUS.
Anyway, I’ll get to more posts later… I have quite a few in mind – including the new Diablo 3 expansion and the new game Heroes of the Storm which is in technical alpha at this point. Ven and I were lucky enough to get invites.
Over the holidays the hubby and I have been letting our son play WoW with us. We have a third account and he’s got a mage on it and a hunter I just finished leveling today [and they both have cele two piece]. He’s only five years old but he’s remarkably astute about some things. But he’s also given me a little clue into some of the stereotypes I see in LFR.
1. Time Warp popping mage. My son’s “main” would be his mage I expect. He tools around on some of the lowbies on the account, and the hunter but most of his small amount of game time is spent on the mage. He loves the mage because he can make everyone in the group BIG.
2. Summoning of things – He loves dropping the table to feed everyone. Just about every pull. He also loves summoning his friends [mirror image] so he can have help.
3. Needing on everything – He’s pretty good about greeding stuff but occasionally he just NEEDS to “get a present” from the boss and will forget and need everything. That’s not a big deal in Ulduar or ICC. We just have him trade something if someone else wants it. And frankly, it’s irrelevant in LFR now but more for LFD.
4. Incessant bouncing. Doesn’t matter what toon he’s on he’s bouncing everywhere.
5. Randomly following a pet around during a fight/not dpsing the boss – there are more interesting things than boss fights!
6. AoE on single target fights – because arcane explosion [number 9] is fun!
7. Pulling for the tank – because starting the fight is important and fun! Besides, he has to drop a flare under the boss and “set them on fire”
8. “GOGOGOGOGO” – because he’s five… and can’t sit still.
9. Trolling the tanks – “I’m sorry daddy, I didn’t mean to press the button and start the fight” [Mimiron]. Next week: “I’m gonna push the button again!”
So… just pretend everyone in LFR is five years old and is just learning to read. Whole new perspective. Now he just needs to discover how to turn growl on and Aspect of the Pack on his hunter…
Well this weekend I decided it was high time I sat down and finally got at least one of the warbringer mounts. My experience grouping for those has not been very good. This weekend however was pretty much just me with hubby joining me on a few circuits.
I managed to net two of the three mounts in the process – And while I occasionally saw people farming them or camping the Dread Wastes one, they’re up a lot on my circuits – even on the weekend – so it’s not a horrible time to farm them.
But anyway, here are the two I managed to get…