This is one of the recipes I got from Awesome Restaurant Quality Recipes at Home, though the post is either gone or no longer public or somesuch. This one was specifically credited to Trina Hansen and Brooklyn Castillo.
1 pound ground beef
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce [perhaps use a little more to suit taste]
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
pepper and salt to taste
5 flour tortillas [the larger ones]
shredded cheddar cheese
1. Brown the ground beef in a large skilled and drain. Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, dried onion, salt and pepper to the beef and simmer for five minutes.
2. Sprinkle shredded cheese down the center of each tortilla. Add a few heaping tablespoons of the beef mixture on top of the cheese. Spread some mustard on top of the beef along with some slices of tomato.
3. Roll up tortilla burrito-style and place wraps on preheated indoor grill.
4. Grill wraps for about five minutes until cheese is melted. Cut on diagonal and serve immediately.
This is definitely kid friendly – our son gobbles them down, though he doesn’t like tomato so we leave that off of his. It doesn’t seem like the small amount of ingredients you put in the beef would flavor it much but they really do.
Shortcuts and Alterations:
1. Brown the ground beef in advance or make the mixture in advance. We’ve done both and they work just fine with this meal.
2. We don’t actually use an indoor grill [we don’t have one] but we use the broiler on the oven, so it’s like 2 minutes or something]
3. Make sure you don’t overload the tortilla as that’s very easy to do.
4. Although we haven’t tried it, you could add in some chopped pickles [Ven hates them] too but that’s for you to experiment with. I suppose anything you’d like on a burger you’d likely like on these.
If you have a recipe you’d like to send for us to try and possibly be featured here, feel free to send me a note at Askevar@gmail.com I’m actually hoping this can turn into a kind of blog recipe swap.