I’ve written several partial posts but haven’t actually posted anything in a bit so I thought I’d address this new thing.
At first blush, I’m actually in favor of this. Our subscriptions to SWTOR run out mid month this month and we were [and still are] planning to let them lapse. I’ve played more than hubby and we both have max level toons but we don’t seem to play all that much. With MoP incoming in two months we need that money we’d spend to purchase the new WoW expansion, money is tighter than it used to be and frankly, it’s not worth paying 15 bucks to quest twice a month, especially when our focus right now is going to be WoW and prepping for the expansion.
We HAVE done space battles but neither of us has done either Pick up group instances or used the group finder so it seems the f2p option would suit me decently [thus far]. Depending on a variety of things, I could see myself picking up the sub for a month or two here and there, but not permanently. The questing is my focus – not the raiding [ops] or the space battles or the pvp.
In summation, this change might keep me playing off and on probably about like LotRO… mostly when WoW and Diablo are down.
The Rakghoul plague ended a few days ago. I managed to get hubby and I the title the very last day on a server where the alliance are outnumbered 3:1 on my count [there are 50 on the republic station when there are 150 on the empire one]. The key was hitting the bosses in the morning. The empire is too well organized to hope to get much done in the evening if PVP is involved. I won an epic shield for my tank off one of them and got hubby a lightsaber and 2 mods off the three bosses. It was tricky as I had my three year old son running Venoym’s toon [A Jedi Shadow]… which produced some very interesting results.
Anyway, here’s an updated screenshot of Askevar. She honestly hasn’t changed much in looks. I’ve done no heroics, or raids beyond that world boss event. We’re paid through July, including the free loyalty month, so nearer to then we’ll have to decide whether to renew or not. I play a few times a week [usually a couple hours Tuesday morning and a couple hours on the weekend but it varies wildly] so not sure it’s worth continuing to subscribe after that… but we’ll see.
Continue reading “Random SWTOR Screenshots”
These are some things I wish for in SWTOR. Most are minor things of convenience. This isn’t a post complaining about the game, mind you. I really enjoy the game. I seem to be more in a WoW mode the last week, but that was mainly an issue of hitting a planet that I had issues getting around on, which I finally finished [and now know] :P. And frankly, a lot of these things will probably be in the game eventually. SWTOR is in fantastic shape for a game that’s merely a month old.
1. Ability to retrieve mail on my ship. Heck, I have a comm system for incoming daily spacebattles for a reason! 😛 It would seem to be logical that I could retrieve my mail from there!
2. Ship Hearth. Even if it’s a one day CD like the Fleet Hearth is… It seems logical that I’d have a way to get back to my ship fast in an emergency!
3. The ability to designate other items as vendor fodder when I send my companion out to sell the grays.
4. A Guild Log! I’d like to know who invited that new random person and whether to leave them at recruit rank or promote them to full member [as we do with those we know]. Course, I’d still have to ask them about it to know… but at least I’d know WHO to ask :P.
5. A guild bank of some fashion. Several guildies are particularly lucky with snagging blue and purple boe pieces they can’t use. A place to store those for others use would be nice!
6. Dual spec. I understand and accept we must choose one Advanced Class, but the ability to spec for both roles would be handy.
7. Same realm LFD of some sort – which is supposedly in the works. I honestly would rather see how the same server LFD works. You would still be held accountable for your actions because you ARE likely to run into the people again, which I would hope would control the a-hole factor some.
8. Holiday events! Yeah, I know… I’m a sucker. But I love that stuff in WoW and I think SWTOR has the great potential to make some really cute and unique things happen with it.
I’m quite sure there are other things I’d like to see 🙂 But these are a few off the top of my head.
Just a point of note, for that that read the blog [I know, a meta post for once!]. Venoym and I have already preordered Star Wars: The Old Republic. It’s our Christmas present to each other in fact.
We also did the Access Pass for WoW a couple weeks ago – so we do intend to continue playing WoW for the moment as well. We have a raid team depending on us and we’re enjoying raiding again – likely because we aren’t leading. We still want to finish that last 38% on Rag and we want to kill Deathwing.
I honestly can’t make guarantees about the content of the blog. I suspect it’ll more likely be slanted to WoW… but then again I haven’t seen the Star Wars game either. In likelihood, it’ll end up a blended version… or if I have a lot of Star Wars things to talk about I may create another blog, much like I did whilst testing the Cataclysm Beta. Then again, I don’t know what’s going to happen or how time will end up split. Basically, you’ll know when I know 😀
Call me a geek, but I can’t wait to see Askevar the Jedi Knight 😛 Maybe she’ll even make dark side choices… who knows?
ETA: After some discussion with Venoym, I’m likely just going to allow this blog to expand. I haven’t kept strictly to 100% WoW topics anyway